Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
An Italian tradition, homemade meatballs are a fantastic, quick and easy dinner that will please the whole family. It's a great recipe to not only feed a lot of people for a large party, but it is also great because you can make a bunch to store in the freezer for quick dinners for later nights this month! ( I personally make them at least once a week for dinner.)
- 2 lbs fresh ground beef (grass-fed is always a good choice)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (great use of any stale bread)
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon virgin oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- diced onion, to your liking (optional)
- fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- For this super simple recipe just mix all of the ingredients in large bowl, and roll into 3 oz size balls or less (depending on your preference that is.).
- Spray your baking sheet with oil, and bake at 350 F for 40 minutes. If you are planning on serving them with Marinara Sauce, throw the meatballs in the pot to simmer for a while. Doing this will add a yummy, rich flavor to the sauce. Also, do not be afraid to leave them in there for a while too. Grandma used to leave everything to simmer all day before serving dinner. The result was a delicious smelling house as well as an infusion of meaty wonderfulness in the marinara sauce, and super delicious tender meatballs! Garnish your homemade meatballs with some more grated cheese and a little fresh parsley for color and enjoy.