Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple yet delish appetizer! You can use canned green chilies but it is SO much better if you roast your own chilies !
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese, your preference
- 2 green chilies, skin removed torn in strips
- 1 large tomatoes, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- toast tortilla until lighty browned.
- remove from oven.
- while its still hot add toppings beginning with shredded cheese.
- add green chilie strips.
- add tomato slices.
- sprinkle onion all over.
- return the tortilla to oven and bake til cheese has melted.
- remove and cut in serving size portions.
- I cut it with a pizza cutter.
- serve with a side of salsa if desired.
- enjoy !