- 2 salmon steaks, approximately 1-inch thick
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- coarse kosher salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup pinot noir wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash salmon and pat dry; squeeze lemon juice over the top of the salmon, sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
- In a skillet or frying pan that is 2-inches deep, add wine and water; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low.
- Add salmon in a single layer. Cover and simmer approximately 8 to 12 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reaches 140°F.
- Carefully remove salmon from pan and transfer onto individual serving plates.
- Let the liquid boil until reduced to approximately 1/3 cup. Remove pan from heat. Add the butter and mix it in by swirling the pan. Pour the sauce over the salmon just before serving.