Elegant comfort food from Handcraft Wines site. Posting for safekeeping. Unsure what granulated sugar is for frosting? Have not included time for it to set which they urge you to do for 12 hours so this would be a great make ahead dessert or for a gift basket with a bottle of Pinot Noir, home made caramels with sea salt, or dulce de leche.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pinot noir wine
- 3/4 cup sweet ground cocoa, Ghirardelli
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Combine eggs with sugar and vanilla; add butter and wine.
- 4Stir cocoa with flour, baking powder and salt, combine this with egg mixture, and stir in nuts.
- 5Spread into greased 8 X 8 inch pan, bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- 7Melt butter over medium heat.
- 8Reduce heat to low and add chocolate, sugar, and wine.
- 9Continue heating over low heat stirring often, until mixture is smooth---do NOT let it boil.
- 10Spoon hot icing over fresh brownies and let stand for a minimum of an hour; 12 hours is best.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pinot Noir Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.4
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.1 mg
- Sodium 102.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g