Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Melt ghee in a heavy pan.
- Add, flour and cook on med/low flame.
- Stir continuously, till medium brown.
- When aroma exudes, and properly browned, take off fire.
- Spread in a large plate.
- Cool till a shade above room temperature.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Sprinkle milk.
- Mix again and form tight fist shaped pinnies.
- This is done by taking some mixture and pressing in the fist.
- Note: The name pinnie (pindi) comes from its fist shape with the finger markings.
- You may add chopped nuts like almonds, etc. if you like.
- Variations: Urad pinnies may be made by using urad dal flour instead of wheat flour.
- Also add 100 gms. khoya.