Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just love watermelon and the drinks that are made from them. This is so yummy. I have added my own little addition 8) . Adapted from Healthy Quick Cook by Martha Stewart.
- 4 cups watermelon, seeds removed
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 maraschino cherries (to garnish) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except ice in the blender. Then fill with ice and process until smooth.
- Pour into 4 tall clear glasses and serve.
- Garnish each glass with a cherry if desired.
I cut this beverage down to one serving and omitted the ice as my watermelon was refrigerated. I felt that the flavors were delicious together. I used fresh squeezed orange juice and used maraschino cherry syrup. I think this drink would definitely be a kid pleaser. It could easily lend itself to be an adult drink to with a little rum. All around it was a yummy afternoon pick me up. Thanks for posting! Made for the June 2013 VIP for Veg 'n Swap tag.
Sorry but this wasn't great and left me feeling bloated/heart burn. Plus this would be very sweet with the sugar. I left it out to be much healthier and it was really sweet anyway in part due to using Tropicana orange juice, I used freshly squeezed lemon juice and no optional maraschino cherries. I also left out the ice as my watermelon was refrigerated so the drink was already cold and I don't like colder. This is not properly food combined as per http://www.rawplus.com/images/foodcom.jpg so I'm sure that is why the bloated feeling. Made for Veggie Swap #47 ~ June 2012 ~