Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
When I'm making spaghetti sauce I set aside and freeze a few dollops of the tomato paste just so I can make this delicious sauce.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 shallots, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup combination black and pimento stuffed green olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pasta, cooked and drained
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add the shallots and saute till tender and starting to colour (approx. 10 minutes).
- Add the thyme& basil, saute another minute.
- Add the whipping cream and vodka, stirring to mix.
- Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken (approx. 10 minutes).
- Add the tomato paste, 1/2 Cup grated cheese and sliced olives mix, stir to combine.
- Add mixture to cooked/ drained pasta.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 Cup grated cheese and pepper on top of the pasta when ready to serve.
Absolutely wonderful! I served this delectable pink vodka sauce over bowtie pasta and chunks of precooked chicken breast meat and asparagus spears. Divine--thanks Peachez! :) Becky
This is fantastic! My family already asked when I can make it again!