Recipe by HeatherFeather
This is a pretty, pink colored creamy dressing. It is very rich and quite tasty. The recipe does not call for any salt or pepper - you may add a bit if you wish, but I didn't think it really needed it. I have tried this with dried tarragon and it was lovely - but if you have fresh, I think it is even better. Adapted from "Best of the Best of Georgia." Supposedly from a restaurant called The Olde Pink House. If 3 cups is too much for you, the recipe can be successfully halved. I made only a 1 cup batch and that amount was plenty for about 6-8 guests to have on their dinner salads. This will have you wanting to lick the plate clean.
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
DELICIOUS! I adjusted amounts to make 1 cup and used dried tarragon with great results! Thank you, HeatherFeather, for a wonderful recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (must be full fat)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon, finely crushed or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring or 2 -3 drops beet juice
- milk, to thin dressing (optional)