1/1 Photo of Pink Tarragon Cream Dressing
This is a pretty, pink colored creamy dressing. It is very rich and quite tasty. The recipe does not call for any salt or pepper - you may add a bit if you wish, but I didn't think it really needed it. I have tried this with dried tarragon and it was lovely - but if you have fresh, I think it is even better. Adapted from "Best of the Best of Georgia." Supposedly from a restaurant called The Olde Pink House. If 3 cups is too much for you, the recipe can be successfully halved. I made only a 1 cup batch and that amount was plenty for about 6-8 guests to have on their dinner salads. This will have you wanting to lick the plate clean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups mayonnaise (must be full fat)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon, finely crushed or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring or 2 -3 drops beet juice
- milk, to thin dressing (optional)
- 1Mix mayo, sour cream, sherry, tarragon, garlic powder, and Tabasco until blended well.
- 2Add a few drops of food coloring to tint it slightly pink.
- 3If the dressing is too thick, you may thin it with a small amount of milk.
- 4Chill well before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Tarragon Cream Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 146.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g