Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband loves this stuff. My mother-in-law makes it for all big family dinners.
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
- Drain pineapples and cottage cheese.
- Mix together jello powder and cool whip.
- Mix in drained pineapple chunks and drained cottage cheese.
- Put in the fridge to cool or serve as is.
Pink Stuff! lol I never knew anyone else to call it that. Someone in my family always makes it for every holiday! My sister loves it. We never knew the name of it so we always just say "Hey whos bringing the pink stuff"..It's pretty good stuff.
I love this stuff. My aunt made it for a family reunion and I HAD to get the recipe.... I've tweeked it a bit though... I put the Stuff between two layers of freshly sliced bananas as I serve it..... It's VERY addicting not to mention adds color to the plate.
Where I live, the Jell-o only comes in a 3-oz. or 6-oz. box, not 8. So I used the 6-ounce box. Are the Jell-o crystals supposed to get softer after it sets? Because we didn't care for the gritty texture of the undesolved crystals after making the recipe as is. I wound up desolving the 3-oz box of Jell-o in 1 cup of boiling water, adding 12 more ounces cottage cheese, and an additional 8 ounces crushed pineapple. I mixed it all together and let it sit overnight. The next day, we did have a 5-star recipe. The flavor was SOOOO DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing!!