Lise in Indiana's Note:
A quick and elegant sauce for fettuccine or pappardelle. From Marcella Hazan's Classic Italian Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice shrimp in half length-wise, remove vein, and rinse under cold water. Drain in colander.
- 2Dissolve the tomato paste in the wine and have ready.
- 3Put the olive oil and the garlic in a saucepan and turn the heat to medium. Cook and stir the garlic until it is a pale gold.
- 4Add the wine/tomato mixture all at once to avoid splattering. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add the shrimp and season with salt and a liberal grinding of pepper.
- 6Increase heat to medium high and cook shrimp for 2 minutes, just until done, turning them frequently to coat them in the sauce.
- 7Remove saucepan from heat.
- 8With a slotted spoon, remove about half of the shrimp and puree them using a blender or food processor (careful, they are hot!).
- 9Return the pureed shrimp to the saucepan and turn the heat to medium.
- 10Add the cream and cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly till the cream thickens slightly and the sauce is hot.
- 11Taste and correct seasonings, if necessary.
- 12Toss the sauce with cooked drained pasta.
- 13Sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
- 14Serve at once.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Shrimp Sauce for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.2
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 213.5 mg
- Sodium 250.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 35.3 g