Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Can be served warm (fluffy and light) or chilled (more dense and creamy).
- 1 lb medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2⁄3 lb boneless skinless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup firm white breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Coarse chop ½ lb of the shrimp and reserve.
- In a food processor, add the salmon and remaining ½ lb shrimp; process to finely chop.
- Add in the eggs, bread crumbs, tomato paste, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and pepper; briefly process to blend.
- With the motor running, pour the cream through the feed tube and process just until blended and thick, about 10 seconds.
- Add in scallions and chopped shrimp; pulse the machine 4 or 5 times just until evenly distributed.
- Scrape mixture into the prepared pan; set pan in a larger pan half-filled with hot water.
- Bake until the mousse is firm to the touch and an instant read thermometer inserted in the center reads 155°, 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Let loaf stand in the pan for at least 20 minutes before slicing to serve.