This dish disappears quickly! It's nice because it can be made well ahead of time. The hard part is remembering to remove it from the freezer in time! This season, I'm going to try it with Tofutti cream cheese and a soy whipable topping I recently discovered. ***The 4-6 hours cooking time is time in the freezer! I found this in a recipe book titled, "Homemade for the Holidays."
- Cook cranberries in water to cover in saucepan until skins pop; drain.
- Combine with cream cheese, mayo, pineapple, pecans, and 1/4 cup sugar; mix well.
- Whip cream with vanilla and 1/4 cup sugar in mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into salad.
- Spoon into 9x13 inch pan. Freeze until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.