Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This has been my family's favorite salad for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners since I was little. It was originally called Lime Party Salad and my mom got it out of the Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook in the early 60's. My mom made it with cherry Jello and my little brother names it "Pink Salad".
- 1⁄4 lb regular sized marshmallows (approx. 16)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Melt marshmallows and milk in top of double boiler.
- Pour hot mixture over 1 pkg Jello. Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese dissolves.
- Add pineapple. Let mixture cool.
- Blend in whipped cream and mayonnaise gently.
- Chill until firm.
i love this salad it is very pinklol i used manderian oranges instead of pineapple worked fine the big marshmallows had trouble breaking down cause i just hand beat them will add to boiling water next time
Will admit that I'm a big fan of jello, & this one certainly brought back some memories of when an aunt of mine used to make something similar to this! Nicely satisfying! I took it to a park potluck & it was one of the first things to go! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed as a PRMR Holiday Special reward]
This is a rich and tasty jello salad. I used black cherry jello and whipped one cup of heavy whipping cream. I like the pineapple in it and think adding some nuts would be a nice touch too. The mayonnaise adds a bit of tang but is not overwhelming. Thank you Lavender Lynn for sharing your family recipe with us! Made and reviewed for Please Review My Recipe tag game.