Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This has been my family's favorite salad for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners since I was little. It was originally called Lime Party Salad and my mom got it out of the Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook in the early 60's. My mom made it with cherry Jello and my little brother names it "Pink Salad".
Top Review by Dienia B.
i love this salad it is very pinklol i used manderian oranges instead of pineapple worked fine the big marshmallows had trouble breaking down cause i just hand beat them will add to boiling water next time
- 1⁄4 lb regular sized marshmallows (approx. 16)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-O
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt marshmallows and milk in top of double boiler.
- Pour hot mixture over 1 pkg Jello. Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese dissolves.
- Add pineapple. Let mixture cool.
- Blend in whipped cream and mayonnaise gently.
- Chill until firm.