This has been my family's favorite salad for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners since I was little. It was originally called Lime Party Salad and my mom got it out of the Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook in the early 60's. My mom made it with cherry Jello and my little brother names it "Pink Salad".
- Melt marshmallows and milk in top of double boiler.
- Pour hot mixture over 1 pkg Jello. Stir until dissolved.
- Stir in cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese dissolves.
- Add pineapple. Let mixture cool.
- Blend in whipped cream and mayonnaise gently.
- Chill until firm.