Recipe by JustaQT
delicious and beautiful too!
Top Review by mollypaul
At 350F, the baking times should be as follows: Two 8 x 1-1/2-inch round baking pans -- 35 to 40 minutes Two 9 x 1-1/2-inch round baking pans -- 30 to 35 minutes Two 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pans -- 25 to 35 minutes Two 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pans -- 25 to 35 minutes One 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan -- 30 to 35 minutes One 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan -- 25 to 30 minutes Cupcakes (half full of batter) -- 18 to 23 minutes
- 2 cups self-rising flour or 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine flour, water, sugar, and oil.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Decrease speed to low and slowly add eggs.
- Then slightly increase speed back medium and add vanilla extract.
- Beat for 45 seconds or until batter is smooth.
- Fold in sour cream until it is well integrated into batter.
- Add food color and mix at high speed until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into two 8" or 9" greased or slightly floured pans.
- Bake for at least 50 minutes.
- Then cool cake for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Frost cake with Strawberry, Raspberry, or Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting with red food color.
- Decorate with roses for a beautiful effect.