Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
delicious and beautiful too!
Make and share this Pink Rose Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine flour, water, sugar, and oil.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Decrease speed to low and slowly add eggs.
- Then slightly increase speed back medium and add vanilla extract.
- Beat for 45 seconds or until batter is smooth.
- Fold in sour cream until it is well integrated into batter.
- Add food color and mix at high speed until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into two 8" or 9" greased or slightly floured pans.
- Bake for at least 50 minutes.
- Then cool cake for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Frost cake with Strawberry, Raspberry, or Vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting with red food color.
- Decorate with roses for a beautiful effect.
At 350F, the baking times should be as follows: Two 8 x 1-1/2-inch round baking pans -- 35 to 40 minutes Two 9 x 1-1/2-inch round baking pans -- 30 to 35 minutes Two 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pans -- 25 to 35 minutes Two 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pans -- 25 to 35 minutes One 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan -- 30 to 35 minutes One 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan -- 25 to 30 minutes Cupcakes (half full of batter) -- 18 to 23 minutes
Huge problem with the oven temp. and cooking time! 50 minutes was way too long. I have never had a problem baking a cake with my oven before and this came out burnt! I should have watched it closer. I was so bummed cause it was a such beautiful pink my 4 year old daughter couldn't wait to eat it! The recipe itself was very easy. I may try it again and decrease the cooking time and temp.
I made this on 10/21/08, for the "Think Pink " Breast Cancer Awareness cooking event. I did make a few changes to the recipe. They are as follows, instead of vanilla, almond extract was used, and only a teaspoon or so of the red food coloring .After reading the reviews regarding the baking time and temp. I cut the temp. down to 350 degrees and the time was reduced to 35 minutes.After cooling, I frosted this with a cream cheese frosting and decorated with coconut that was tinted pink.The cake was so moist and delicious. This will be made again. Thank you for posting, and "Keep Smiling :)"