Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy and its always a big hit at our family bbq's and potlucks...
- 8 cups fresh rhubarb or 8 cups frozen rhubarb, chopped
- 8 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups ginger ale, chilled
- In large pan, bring rhubarb and water to boil.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- Combine sugar, gelatin and boiling water in a large bowl.
- Once sugar and gelatin are all dissolved add pineapple and lemon juices, mix well.
- Stir in rhubarb juice and refrigerate.
- Add ginger ale just before serving.
This is a wonderful punch recipe. We love rhubarb so I knew this would be a hit. Great on a hot day. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Tagged for Photo Tag. This is very easy to make and quite refreshing, with just a bit of tang, like a good punch should have. I cut the recipe in fourths (used 2 C rhubarb). Didn't have enough sugar, so I was 1/8 C short, but it was fine. Used pineapple juice from the can of chunks. It is a bit cloudy, but tastes great!
Thank for this great punch recipe BK! I use frozen rhubarb and that worked out well, my DH loved this, thanks for sharing BK!...Kitten:)