1/1 Photo of Pink Prosciutto Penne
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half
- freshly grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- 1Cook pasta per directions on package.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- 3Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- 4Add chopped prosciutto, onion, and dried red pepper flakes and saute until onions are golden (about 5 minutes).
- 5Remove pan from burner and add wine.
- 6Return pan to burner and stir, loosening up any browned bits from bottom of the pan and reducing liquid by half (about 2 minutes).
- 7Add tomatoes and bring to a boil reducing juices slightly (about 2 minutes).
- 8In a separate bowl, dissolve cornstarch in half and half and stir into the sauce.
- 9Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly.
- 10Drain pasta, toss with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Prosciutto Penne
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 29.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic