Recipe by JSkizzle
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Made just as directed and was very pleased at how easy it was to get dinner on the table. DS went back for seconds (something that rarely happens) and said it was very, very good. I worried that the red pepper flakes would be too strong for my toddler, but even at the called for amount they weren't noticeable. In the future, I might increase the amount of red pepper, as I thought there was just a little something missing in the flavor combination. Thanks for sharing, JSkizzle! Made & enjoyed for Think Pink!
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half
- freshly grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta per directions on package.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Add chopped prosciutto, onion, and dried red pepper flakes and saute until onions are golden (about 5 minutes).
- Remove pan from burner and add wine.
- Return pan to burner and stir, loosening up any browned bits from bottom of the pan and reducing liquid by half (about 2 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and bring to a boil reducing juices slightly (about 2 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, dissolve cornstarch in half and half and stir into the sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened slightly.
- Drain pasta, toss with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese.