Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweet and easy treat from the Chex website. It would also be very pretty made with white chocolate
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside.
- Microwave chocolate chips and margarine in small microwavable bowl uncovered on High 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated.
- Mix powdered sugar and gelatin in large plastic food-storage bag; add cereal mixture.
- Seal bag; shake until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
I found this on the chex box, it is so amazing! My friend had me try Muddy buddies (chex with chocolate peanut butter), which i thought was really good, until i tried this recipe.
ADDICTIVE!! I can't get over how good this is. Unfortunately, it isn't as pink in person as it is in the photos. I wish I had added some red sanding sugar to the powdered sugar & jello mix. It might have helped. I'm sure it would also be excellent with orange jello. A fantastic quick dessert!