This is one from a German grandmother. She will often cook hamburger with onion and make a gravy to blend with it to pour over the pink potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes with salt until done.
- Drain into a colander.
- Cook the carrots separately with some sugar and salt until tender.
- Drain into the colander.
- In one of the pots add the butter and melt and saute the onion till tender.
- Add the flour and cook one minute.At this point stir in the milk.
- Add the potatoes and the carrots and Mash together until smooth.
- Add the salt and pepper and some garlic or onion powder if desired.