Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From cooks.com -- no beets here! Think Pink! Prep time does not include boiling and chill time for potatoes.
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, boiled
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Catalina dressing
- Several hours before serving, boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender.
- Drain and cool slightly, then peel and slice.
- Pour Catalina dressing over warm potato slices coating slices well. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator until cold.
- Add onion, pickle relish, boiled eggs and mayonnaise. Mix well and serve.
- Note: Do NOT use "salad dressing" in this recipe.
Pretty Pink and delicious. I love eggs in my potato salad so I added 4 eggs. Made for Think Pink 2012.
This was dreamy! A pink cloud from heaven both in presentation and tastes. This is a perfect salad for wedding showers, baby-showers, *Think Pink* get togethers and just plain fancy. I followed this exactly, I loved, loved the use of red onion here. The Catalina dressing mixed with the mayo is absolutely to pass out for. A must try for all and so delicious men-folk won't even know it's pink. :) Made for *Think Pink* October 2009