Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A vivid pink potato salad with beats, even beat haters like it! Always a conversation piece at potlucks! This is a Colombian recipe.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, boiled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, boiled and diced
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced beets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Drain beets and combine all ingredients and mix together.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- You can also use fresh beets- just boil and dice, but this will add to the cooking time.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Love "different" potato salads like this. Even my husband (not a beet fan) really liked it. I used sour cream instead of mayo and thought that worked really well with the flavors and textures. Hard boiled egg is a nice addition. I used fresh beets.
This was an amazing variation on potato salad and we all adored it. As another reviewer suggested I added hard boiled eggs and snipped in a few coriander leaves from the garden and it was fabulous. I highly recommend everyone tries it.
Very nice potato salad, and I even got my non-beet-eating family to allow this was pretty good and they'd eat it again. I think it might be nice to put in some chopped up hard-boiled egg, too.