Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you love Welsh Rarebit, then you will like this crazy version, which is spicier.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until well blended. Add milk slowly and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add grated cheddar cheese, worcestershire sauce, and tomato soup.
- Mix thoroughly and heat well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately on toast triangles with a side salad for a hearty lunch.
I am completely stuffed! This was delicious! I did gild the lily so to speak. I put tomato slices on the toast, 3 strips of bacon and then the "poodle". Can't have too often, but will put it in my favorites. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Northern_Reflectionz. Made for THINK PINK Oct 2009.
DELICIOUS! This is like grilled cheese sandwiches in a bowl!!! Very rich so a little goes a long way. I can see the possibilites, too, by adding onion, celery, garlic, basil, etc. Thank you for a great recipe, NR!!! I couldn't resist for the name alone-I have 2 toy poodles-plus I made this for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.
Well i tried it and liked it so i'll give you the 5 stars it deserves.