Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different type of cookie, very nutritious for your young litle ones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- this requires strawberry Nesquik Powder, chocolatte just appeared.
- pre heat oven to 375º F.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, Nesquik and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- remove to wire racks to cool completely.
They were OK, but not a hit at our house. The strawberry flavor was not prominent, and the textrue was more cake-like than cookie like. I can see where frosting would help jazz it up. Since the Nesquik is full of sugar, maybe using 1 cup of Nesquik instead of 1/2 each of Nesquik and sugar?
These came out so awesome and delicious-- although they were flat and had a sugar cookie type of texture; totally not the cool-looking mounds like in the photos. I don't know if this had to do with the fact that I used butter instead of margarine, too little heat dispersion in the convection oven, or what. But either way they were delicious!
These were good, very light and pillow-like. The Nesquik did give it a good flavor. I am happy that these aren't very fattening cookies and can give it to my children without the guilt. Thanks!