Recipe by Sherrie-pie
My daughter's 1st birthday cake - and her 10th. A small cake that tastes great even when it isn't covered in lurid pink icing.
- 115 g self raising flour, sieved
- 75 g plain flour, sieved
- 50 g ground almonds
- 175 g margarine
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175 g glace cherries, chopped
- plain flour, to cover cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour, almonds, margarine, sugar and eggs into a bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until glossy (about 1 - 2 minutes), toss cherries in a little plain flour and add to mixture. Mix inches.
- Turn mixture into a 17.8 cm (7")greased and lined deep round cake tin. Bake in a pre-heated oven 160C/325F/Gas Mark 3 for 1 - 1/1/4 hours until top is springy to touch. Remove from tin, place on a wire rack and leave it to cool completely.