1/2 Photos of Pink Pickled Onions
An addictive new (to me) substance that I can't seem to stop eating. Fantastic on tacos/tortillas, hamburgers/dogs, as a relish to smoked or barbecued meats, on salads, in salsas, and just plain good straight from the jar. From epicurious/Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 1/3 of onions in large (at least 2-quart) jar with tight-fitting lid.
- 2Add 2 rosemary sprigs.
- 3Repeat layering twice more with remaining onions and rosemary.
- 4Bring vinegar, 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, pickling spice, and salt to boil in medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, stirring often.
- 6Pour hot liquid over onions, pushing onions down into liquid.
- 7If necessary, add just enough cold water to cover onions.
- 9Place lid on jar; refrigerate at least 1 day.
- 10(Can be made 2 weeks ahead; keep chilled.).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Pickled Onions
Serving Size: 1 (1476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 440.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 29.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole mixed pickling spices