Recipe by jneen
A light refreshing, slightly sweet, molded cranberry salad. It's very pretty when cut. This recipe came from our church newsletter. It was submitted by one of the best cooks in our church.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I don't think there's a cranberry combo made in my kitchen that I didn't enjoy, & now I have another to add to that collection ~ This recipe makes for a VERY, VERY NICE SALAD INDEED! I made only one substitution & that was using pistachios instead of either pecans or walnuts, mainly because they are very good & plentiful right now, & I like them a lot! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Think PINK event]
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese (brought to room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 (9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend softened cream cheese, mayonnaise and sugar.
- Add pineapple, cranberry sauce and nuts. Whip cream and fold into mixture.
- Pour into a mold or loaf pan that has been sprayed with vegetable spray or lined with plastic wrap.
- To serve: let stand for 15 minutes, turn out on bed of lettuce and slice as needed.
- Unused portion may be returned to freezer and kept for a few weeks.