Recipe by Christineyy!
Pretty pretty! Great around Christmas time of course! Cooking time is actually a guess on chilling time.
Top Review by MRitchie47
This recipe is so easy and so yummy!! I also made it with the oreo crust and green food coloring, as well as a little extra peppermint extract. Instead of crushed candies I crushed grasshopper cookies on top. It tastes just like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Mmm!
- 9 inches graham cracker crust (ready to use) or 9 inches chocolate graham wafer pie crust (ready to use)
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 drops peppermint extract
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons peppermint candies, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, over low heat, combine marshmallows and milk. Stirring constnat, just until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla, salt, peppermint extract, and food coloring.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl until stiff.
- Stir peppermint mixture, and then fold into whipping cream. Pour into crust and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Garnish with peppermint candy just before serving.