Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Especially nice in the Summer. This is from my mother's recipes. She was born in 1909 and passed away in 1994; so I guess it is pretty old. I have a collection of her Jello recipes.
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup ice water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- chocolate sprinkles
- Heat water to boiling in 2 quart saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin powder and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in ice cold water & peppermint extract.
- Cut ice cream into chunks.
- Add to gelatin mixture and stir until blended.
- Chill mixture until it begins to thicken and mound when spooned. (about 20 -30 minutes).
- Turn into parfait glasses.
- Chill until firm, 25-45 minutes.
- Garnish with chocolate sprinkles.
Nice light taste. Would be a good palate cleaner after a strong tasting dish. Sorry I didn't have any sprinkles! Thnx for sharing your recipe, connie. Made for THINK PINK OCT 2009.
I loved this dessert! It was a delicious light,simple, and GLUTEN FREE dessert. It was easy to make and even easier to devour. This would make a wonderful summer dessert to eat around the pool. Thanks for the keeper Connie!
My kids loved this! Pink and minty, cool and creamy. We topped ours with mini choclate chips. Thanks for sharing your recipe!