Recipe by conniecooks
Especially nice in the Summer. This is from my mother's recipes. She was born in 1909 and passed away in 1994; so I guess it is pretty old. I have a collection of her Jello recipes.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Nice light taste. Would be a good palate cleaner after a strong tasting dish. Sorry I didn't have any sprinkles! Thnx for sharing your recipe, connie. Made for THINK PINK OCT 2009.
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup ice water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- chocolate sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water to boiling in 2 quart saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin powder and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in ice cold water & peppermint extract.
- Cut ice cream into chunks.
- Add to gelatin mixture and stir until blended.
- Chill mixture until it begins to thicken and mound when spooned. (about 20 -30 minutes).
- Turn into parfait glasses.
- Chill until firm, 25-45 minutes.
- Garnish with chocolate sprinkles.