Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light August 2008.
Make and share this Pink Peppercorn Mahimahi With Tropical Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups pineapple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns, crushed and divided
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mahi mahi (4 - 6 ounce fillets) or 1 1⁄2 lbs other firm white fish fillets (4 - 6 ounce fillets)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients and 1 teaspoon peppercorns in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine panko, nuts, remaining 1 tsp peppercorns, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Combine milk and soy sauce in another shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Dip one side of fish in milk mixture; dredge dipped side in panko mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish, crust side down, to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over, and bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with salsa.
- Serving size = 1 fillet and 1/2 cup salsa.