1/2 Photos of Pink Pearl Barley Risotto With Feta Cheese
Found this gem of a recipe in a German cookbook named "Vegetarian Food For Every Season". Its a perfect fall dish with great colours and bold flavours. The beets make it a little bit sweet and earthy and the feta adds a nice salty touch. Instead of using all the different pinches of spices, you could also whip up a batch of this and use 1 ts of it in this recipe: Taco Seasoning Mix
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in a heavy pot. Add onion and rosemary to it and sautee until translucent.
- 2Add beets and pearl barley and sautee for 2 more minutes.
- 3Add enough broth to slightly cover barley and beets and simmer until all of the broth has been absorbed. Make sure to stir frequently so that it wont stick to the bottom of the pot.
- 4Once broth has been absorbed, add more and simmer until everything is tender (about 12 minutes).
- 5Season with spices and serve garnished with feta cheese.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Pearl Barley Risotto With Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 2697.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: