Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very pretty sandwich cookies for showers and parties. Of course, you can use any food coloring to go with the theme of your choice.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, cornstarch and cream of tartar.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, blending well.
- Chill dough until firm.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- Cut out with 3" round cookie cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400* for about 8 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Fill with Pink Butter Frosting.
- Pink Butter Frosting: Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar, cream and vanilla.
- Tint with red food coloring (or any color of your choice).
- Beat until filling is of spreading consistency.
I made these for the first time for a party and they were a HUGE hit (with kids and adults alike) I get requests for these every time a holiday or birthday is coming. Thanks for posting!! <3
These cookies were rated "really good" by the kids I made them for, but I was disappointed. Once in the oven, the cookie batter turned really soft and the cookies all ran together prompting me to wonder why I had bothered to roll them out and cut them. In addition, the finished cookies were really bubbly, lacy almost like a florentine or something. I just had pictured something entirely different in my mind's eye, I guess. The butter cream was a solid recipe. I probably won't be doing these again.