Very pretty sandwich cookies for showers and parties. Of course, you can use any food coloring to go with the theme of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Pink Butter Frosting
- 1Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- 2Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- 3Stir together flour, cornstarch and cream of tartar.
- 4Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture, blending well.
- 5Chill dough until firm.
- 6Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- 7Cut out with 3" round cookie cutter and place on greased baking sheet.
- 8Bake at 400* for about 8 minutes or until edges are golden.
- 9Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 10Fill with Pink Butter Frosting.
- 11Pink Butter Frosting: Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- 12Gradually beat in sugar, cream and vanilla.
- 13Tint with red food coloring (or any color of your choice).
- 14Beat until filling is of spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Party Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1532 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 44.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g