Recipe by gourmetmomma
This is from Jessica Seinfeld's Cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. I have not tried this, but am posting recipes for others. When I do make them, I will make a version that does not use pancake mix and share my results.
Top Review by Joelle #3
I"ve never made these according to the recipe because I never have ricotta cheese on hand, but I usually just add beet puree to my normal pancake mix, and they always turn out awsome. My husband likes "pink pancakes" much more then regular pancakes and the beets make them a little healthier and a lot more colourful.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup beet, puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1⁄4 cup grated apple
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- pure maple syrup (optional)
- fresh fruit (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine the water, ricotta cheese, beet puree, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Dump the cheese mixture into a medium bowl, add the pancake mix and apple. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix, you want the batter to be lumpy.
- Coat a griddle with nonstick spray and heat to medium high. Add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil. Use 1/4 cup of batter at a time and pour out pancakes. When you see bubbles start to form, it is time to flip the pancake. If the bottom is too brown, turn the heat down. It should take about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Serve warm, garnish with maple syrup, fresh fruit, and powdered sugar.