This is from Jessica Seinfeld's Cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. I have not tried this, but am posting recipes for others. When I do make them, I will make a version that does not use pancake mix and share my results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender or food processor, combine the water, ricotta cheese, beet puree, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- 2Dump the cheese mixture into a medium bowl, add the pancake mix and apple. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix, you want the batter to be lumpy.
- 3Coat a griddle with nonstick spray and heat to medium high. Add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil. Use 1/4 cup of batter at a time and pour out pancakes. When you see bubbles start to form, it is time to flip the pancake. If the bottom is too brown, turn the heat down. It should take about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- 4Serve warm, garnish with maple syrup, fresh fruit, and powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 243.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g