Recipe by Dienia B.
Cottage cheese, pineapple, and whipping cream. I've substituted Cool Whip for the whipping cream.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm a Jell-O lover from way back, so this recipe was right down my alley, although I don't think I've ever had one that included melted marshmallows, which in my opinion made this salad outstanding! Will be keeping this one around to make again & again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed pineapple, reserve liquid
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert, the big guy
- 12 marshmallows, large
- 2 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 2 cups Cool Whip or 1 cup cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water to liquid from pineapple to make 2 cups liquid.
- Combine with sugar and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve Jell-O and marshmallows in boiling liquid.
- Chill until partially set.
- Stir in pineapple and cottage cheese.
- Fold in Cool Whip or 1 cup cream whipped.
- Put in mold.
- Chill overnight.