Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make sure to use fresh strawberries!
Make and share this Pink Love Cake recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 (16 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) boxstrawberry gelatin powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 pint strawberry, cleaned, chopped
FOR THE ICING
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray then sprinkle with flour.
- Place strawberries in a plastic Ziploc bag and smash them up. A meat tenderizer works well.
- Mix together cake mix and gelatin mix.
- Mix in the water, eggs, and oil.
- Gently fold in about a cup of strawberry mixture.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 30 - 33 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix together butter and cream cheese until smooth and lump free.
- Then mix in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk until creamy.
- Sometimes if there is leftover crushed strawberry, you can fold them in at this time.
- Spread on completely cooled cake.