Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my favorite childhood memories. With only three ingredients and no cooking, I was making this on my own in elementary school. I am guessing on the oreo cookies - I always used the majority of the package until it looked like a thick enough crust and have never bothered counting them :)
- 40 Oreo cookies
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 12 ounces frozen pink lemonade concentrate, completely thawed
- In a blender or in a bag with a rolling pin crush oreo cookies (with filling). Reserve 1/2 cup. Place remaining cookies on the bottom of a 13x9 inch dish.
- In a large bowl combine ice cream and pink lemonade until well combined. Pour over oreo crust and sprinkle with remaining oreos.
- Cover with saran wrap and place in freezer until bars have set, at least two hours.
Although I see this as definitely a kid's treat, there are still some of us who enjoy anything that involves the ol' oreo (we especially like those with chocolate creme inside)! Simply put, this great dessert is easy to make & my sweet tooth loved it! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Easy Peasy! I used 30 cookies for the crust. I cheated and used cherry vanilla ice cream. The falvor combo was great! Dh seems to think he's allowed to eat all of it. It was a little sweet for me though.