Prep 3 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
This was a favorite of mine growning up. Not sure where my mother got the recipe; but I made sure I had it when I started my own nest.
- 1 envelope knox unflavored gelatin
- 170.09 g can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 1 pie shell
- 59.14 ml cold water
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 0.19 ml red food coloring
- Bake pie shell first, then cool.
- In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in cold water.
- Add lemonade concentrate to the gelatin and then stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Chill completely.
- Chill Evaporated milk in a small bowl in th freezer until crystals form on the edges.
- Beat milk in the chilled bowl on high speed until stiff.
- Fold into chilled gelatin mix and add food coloring with a whisk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Chill for a minimum of 3-4 hurs until it sets.
I loved the way this came out. I skipped the pie crust to avoid the fat, used fat free evaporated milk and Splenda for the sugar. It was served in dessert dishes with bit of Cool Whip Light on top. It was made in the afternoon and just chilled until we were ready for a treat after dinner. This is quite lemony which I like a lot but also creamy. smooth and just plain yummy. Thanks for sharing :D