Recipe by Acerast
A refreshing summer treat - both sweet and tart! Make your own pie crusts with the ingredients and instructions below or cheat and buy crusts. Either way you have an easy make-ahead dessert. My favorite to make at our lake cottage in Michigan. (Time includes chill time.)
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Fantastic! We loved this sweet-tart pie. I'm so glad there are two! I almost cut the recipe in half- boy am I glad I didn't! I will be making this many, many times. Thanks acerast! Made for holiday tag.
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 12 ounces frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- red food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Press crumb mixture into two 9-inch pie plates.
- Bake 10 minutes; cool.
- Combine Cool Whip, lemonade and ice cream.
- Add a few drops of food coloring at this time (if using), mixing well, until you get the desired color.
- Mound mixture into pie crusts.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Variation 1: Use yellow lemonade and yellow food coloring.
- Variation 2: Use limeade and green food coloring.