1/4 Photos of Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
These cupcakes are absolutely darling. I found the recipe in a cupcake cookbook a couple of years ago. They are perfect for little girl birthday parties (and even older girl birthday parties as my adult friends also love them!). They are tangy and sweet and not too dense. I often make bite-size ones in my mini cupcake pan. Reduce the baking time if making minis or they will dry out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1Pre heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, egg whites and lemonade concentrate until smooth.
- 4Alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of buttermilk, beating just until smooth.
- 5Add enough food colouring to turn batter light pink.
- 6Scoop batter into paper lined muffin pans.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- 8Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- 10To make the frosting: In a bowl, using and electric mixer on low speed, beat together sugar, butter and salt until creamy.
- 11Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy.
- 12Add lemonade concentrate, lemon extract, beat 1 minute.
- 13Add cream, beat until frosting is smooth and fluffy. If you would like stiffer or sweeter frosting you can add more sugar at this stage 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- 14Pipe or spoon frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 102.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g