Proof that a basic cupcake batter has endless possibilities! Here, mix in the tangy taste of frozen lemonade and lemon zest for the ideal party refreshment.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spray pan with vegetable pan spray; sprinkle 1 teaspoon colored sugar into each cupcake-space in the pan.
- Add water to pink lemonade mix to total amount of water called for on cake mix package directions.
- Follow cake mix package directions to prepare cake, adding chopped lemon peel.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.