Recipe by Celeste :)
Proof that a basic cupcake batter has endless possibilities! Here, mix in the tangy taste of frozen lemonade and lemon zest for the ideal party refreshment.
Top Review by Mrs.Cupcake
These cupcakes are good. They're so original. For the frosting I made several kinds, the best was when i took a jar of cream cheese frosting and just squeezed an entire lemon worth of juice into it. It tasted wonderful everyone commented on how good the frosting was when i put it on plain yellow cupcakes too!
- 12 teaspoons pink colored crystal sugar (make by adding red food coloring to sugar)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- water (amount based on cake mix instructions)
- 3⁄4 cup thawed frozen pink lemonade concentrate (undiluted)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spray pan with vegetable pan spray; sprinkle 1 teaspoon colored sugar into each cupcake-space in the pan.
- Add water to pink lemonade mix to total amount of water called for on cake mix package directions.
- Follow cake mix package directions to prepare cake, adding chopped lemon peel.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.