Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Proof that a basic cupcake batter has endless possibilities! Here, mix in the tangy taste of frozen lemonade and lemon zest for the ideal party refreshment.
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spray pan with vegetable pan spray; sprinkle 1 teaspoon colored sugar into each cupcake-space in the pan.
- Add water to pink lemonade mix to total amount of water called for on cake mix package directions.
- Follow cake mix package directions to prepare cake, adding chopped lemon peel.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
These cupcakes are good. They're so original. For the frosting I made several kinds, the best was when i took a jar of cream cheese frosting and just squeezed an entire lemon worth of juice into it. It tasted wonderful everyone commented on how good the frosting was when i put it on plain yellow cupcakes too!
These cupcakes are to die for! The flavor is exactly what it says, pink lemonade....only in a cupcake! I added 1tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice to the batter. The only problem I had was getting them out of the cupcake pan without breaking them apart since they are very delicate. I topped them simply with cool whip. I will definately, yes definately make these again!! Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 09.
ETA: I have to agree, LJSteve's photos ARE to die for! YUM!!
This cupcakes are yummy!!! I made them for a work function and they were gobbled up in minutes. Just the right amount of Pink Lemonade flavor. I topped them with a Pink Lemonade Buttercream. I used the Pink Lemonade concentrate to flavor my basic Buttercream recipe and added the zest of one Lemon to give it some additional tartness. Once decorated with the Buttercream I dusted them with some Sparkling Sugar. Check out my photos. They are to die for. I'll definitely make these again!