There were several of you interested in the Pink Lemonade cake recipe that we had for easter. It is absolutely my new very favorite thing in this world. It is SO dense and has the perfect crumb but at the same time it is wonderfully moist! Hope you try it soon and when you do, I hope you let me know what you think. Also, please note, that if the recipe says BUTTER, or CAKE FLOUR, please, do not substitute. I also think this would make WONDERFUL cupcakes, for a bridal shower or baby shower as they cake is the perfect shade of pink!
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 nine inch round cake pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and lemonade drink mix at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon extract.
- In a medium bowl combine cake flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly among all three pans. Bake cakes for 24-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool on counter or on wire racks.
- Frost with Lemonade Butter Cream Frosting.