Prep 40 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I often made this cake for my daughter Susan's birthday in July. It is a perfect party cake for a summer birthday and also very refreshing.
- 1 ready-baked angel food cake
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 5 -6 drops red food coloring
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Cut cake in half crosswise.
- Mix ice cream and 1/3 cup lemonade concentrate and food coloring to desired pinkness. Spread on bottom layer of cake. Place top of cake on and freeze 2-3 hours.
- Whip cream and sugar and remaining pink lemonade concentrate until stiff. Sometimes I have also added some pinkness here.
- Remove cake from freezer and frost with the whipped cream mixture.
- Return to freezer.
- This can be done a day ot two ahead of time.