Recipe by *Alia*
Lavender scented lemaonade
Top Review by Elmotoo
This is so beautiful! The flavors are so nice. It just needs a bit more sugar for my tastes...dd is thrilled (she drinks lemon juice straight up) but a bit too tart for me. I did use dried lavender since that is what I had and added it with the hibiscus. I also doubled the recipe. So I have a large pitcherful!! This is one of those summertime drinks you should always have on hand - very refreshing! Made for the Pool Party in the Diabetic Forum 5/10.
- 1182.95 ml water
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml lavender leaves, fresh, chopped
- 59.14 ml dried hibiscus flowers
- 532.32 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine 2 1/2 cups water with sugar and hibiscus flowers.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Simmer for a few minutes, then remove from the heat, stir in the lavender leaves, cover, and let mixture cool.
- Strain liquid into a large pitcher or jar, add the remaining water and lemon juice.