This is another of our family favorites that makes for an excellent addition to the serving tray. Looks very appealing on the holiday platter and great for special occasions. I often substitute the graham crumbs with crushed Nillas. Just as good untinted - but as my mom reminds me " always make the icing using the juice from a real lemon" - realemon will work but she's right ... that lemon juice makes for awesome!
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (300 ml) caneaglebrand condensed milk
- 2 cups fine coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped fine)
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cream or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (use a real lemon)
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- food coloring, just enough to make for pale pink
- BASE: In large bowl mix graham wafer crumbs, butter and flour and press into a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 275 degrees five minutes, take out of oven and cool.
- TOPPING: Mix the Eaglebrand condensed milk, coconut and pecans and spread over base.
- Bake at 325 for 20 to 25 minute (ovens may vary) being careful not to over bake.
- Cool and ice with Lemon Icing.
- Lemon Icing: In medium bowl beat together the butter, cream and lemon juice.
- Add in the icing sugar, adding more if needed for desired consistency and add just a small amount of food coloring to make for pale pink.