Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Raspberries, orange juice, marshmallows, and whipped cream make a delicate flavor and rich texture.
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 12 ounces marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- Blend the vanilla wafers, butter, and sugar together and press firmly into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375°F for 5 minutes. Cool and chill.
- Heat orange juice in a double boiler. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Cool mixture and chill in the refrigerator until partially set.
- After it is partially set, fold in the whipped cream and raspberries.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Top with extra whipped cream if desired.
Oh what a lovely treat. It was so light and creamy with a real big burst of flavour. I used frozen blackberries, blueberries, straw- berries and raspberries and added extra mini marshmallows to the chilled filling. Thank you for this tasty pie recipe.
My husband is a raspberry lover so I decided to make this for one of our Christmas desserts,it wasnt only him who had 2 servings either! Easy to make and pretty as a Christmas treat.
This was a very simple, yet very tasty dessert. The filling reminds of ambrosia, only with raspberries added.