Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is such an easy dessert to make, and is it ever yummy. This may be prepared in an 11" x 7" baking pan instead of the 13 x 9-inch if desired.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 lb marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, whipped (measure 1-1/2 cups before whipping) or 1 1⁄2 cups cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen raspberries or 1 (20 ounce) package frozen strawberries, completely thawed, and well drained
- Prepare a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the cracker crumbs, melted butter and the sugar together.
- Reserve about 2 Tbsp of the cracker mixture for topping.
- Press the remaining cracker mixture into the bottom of a prepared pan.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat the orange juice; add the marshmallows, and stir until dissolved; cool until practically set.
- Fold in the whipped cream, and the drained fruit.
- Spread over the cracker crumb crust.
- Sprinkle with the reserved 2 Tbsp of cracker topping.
What a lovely dessert! I have made desserts similar to this but none that called for orange juice. The orange juice seems to liven up the flavor especially for the strawberries. Very easy to prepare and it is a nice light and refreshing dessert. Thanks fo much, KittenCal. You've done it again.