Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
By chef Leah Eskin in the Chicago Tribune. Non-alcoholic options are given, but, come on - you know you want that bubbly!
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- orange, zest of
- 12 tablespoons triple sec or 12 tablespoons orange juice
- champagne or sparkling wine or ginger ale
- 12 cranberries
- In a saucepan, heat the cranberries, water, sugar and zest to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the cranberries pop and the syrup turns pink, about 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer, pressing with a spatula. Discard the fruit.
- Pour into a jar, cover and chill.
- To make the cocktails: pour 1 tbl triple sec and two tbl of the cranberry syrup into a champagne flute.
- Fill with champagne. Drop in a cranberry and enjoy. (I made this also with non-alcoholic champagne and it was very good.).