Recipe by Mona Theriot
A cool dessert for a hot summer treat. This recipe is easy and kids will love this pretty light pink treat.
Top Review by sillyelmo
My 3 year old son and I made this and it was great! It does not specify in the recipe what size box of jello to use, so we used the large box (6 oz. size) and it worked out great! We left out the nuts because the kids aren't fond of them. It set up beautifully in our jello mold and kept well for a number of days in the fridge! Would be perfect for summer picnics!
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Blend in cream cheese (or place in blender) Stir in pineapple and nuts.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Pour into jello mold.
- Place in fridge until firm.
- Dip into hot water a few seconds to loosen.
- Invert onto a plate.
- Ready to serve.